Jobs at Dark Sky
Dark Sky is looking for a Data Scientist to help us be the best weather forecasting company. The person in this position will be responsible for maintaining, analyzing, and improving Dark Sky’s forecast generation, from hyper-local next-hour precipitation forecasts to 7-day forecasts adjusted for microclimate effects. The ideal candidate will have knowledge & experience in several of the following areas: software engineering practices, algorithm development, data analysis, math/statistics, machine learning, computer vision, and of course a keen interest in weather!
- Analyze and track forecast accuracy to target areas for improvement
- Improve algorithms for forecast models, microclimate adjustments, etc.
- Develop and maintain pipelines for radar image processing and classification
- Fix bugs and improve performance
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases and general reliability
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in science, math, or engineering preferred
- 4+ years of software development experience in data-intensive applications
- Demonstrated skill in computational algorithms development
- Demonstrated skill in data analysis and interpretation
- Familiarity with machine learning methods highly desired
- Familiarity with image processing and computer vision methods highly desired
- Experience with C/C++, Nodejs, and Python highly desired
- Familiarity with weather data / forecasting preferred
Dark Sky is an Equal Opportunity Employer